BRIAN RICE believed his side were well worth their victory after Hamilton came from behind to beat Livingston at the Toni Macaroni Arena.

A second half turnaround saw Hamilton take all three points back to Lanarkshire, and Rice was delighted with the way his side applied themselves and grew into the game after going behind early on.

David Templeton and Kyle Munro scored second half goals to secure all three points. Munro's late winner was the 18-year-old's first career goal on his full debut for Hamilton.

He said: “The first half was equal, second half I think we were the better team. Second half we did get stronger, nobody could complain about us winning the match.

“We had confidence at half time we could get something out the game. I asked them at half time do they believe they can win, and they thought they could.

“To come to Livingston at any time is very difficult. We’ve come today and stood up to it and I think deserved to win.”

Livingston opened the scoring within the first minute thanks to a Shaun Watt own goal. Alan Forrest had worked space from a throw in and played Lars Lokotsch through in the box, the German forward subsequently fizzed the ball across the face of goal and Want could only turn it into his own net with Scott Pittman breathing down his neck.

While Livingston’s maintained the pressure, Hamilton so nearly profited from a defensive error to level soon after. A loose Efe Ambrose back pass, scooped high into the air, asked too much off Robby McCrorie, who’s touch in the box evaded him leaving the ball loose and the goal gaping. He recovered quickly to win a foot race against the onrushing David Moyo and slide tackled the ball to safety.

The second half continued in a similar vein, with the majority of chances coming for the home side. The visitors however would level 10 minutes into the second half. A corner swung into the box was met by Hakeem Odoffin who bulleted a header against the woodwork, rebounding into the stride of Templeton. Hamilton’s stand out man unleashed a similarly ferocious shot into the net which gave McCrorie no chance.

Templeton began to find more space after the break and almost had his second soon after. Turning Bartley, the former Rangers man unleashed a deft effort with his left foot which he saw sail narrowly wide of the woodwork. It was then the hosts turn to go close as Pittman hit the woodwork when it seemed easier to score. Livi had broken through after strong hold up play from Tiffoney released Craig Sibbald who guided the ball into the path of Pittman. His volley hit the underside of the crossbar and bounced away from close range, nearly crossing the goal line in the process.

But, after rarely troubling McCrorie throughout the game, Hamilton nicked a winner minutes before the end to complete their comeback. A free kick was awarded to the visitors and played to the far post by Templeton where Kyle Munro was on hand to direct a header across McCrorie and into the far post. The full back sneaking in behind on Sibbald on his first start in the league to guide the chance home. Livingston boss Gary Holt was frustrated at the manor of the goals his side conceded, and admitted they need to be tougher to climb the table. Despite enjoying more of the ball and chances, two set pieces undone the hosts.

He said: “You look at the goals we have conceded in the seven games (this season). Nobody has cut us open, it’s a set play or a second phase.

“I’ll take it on the chin by picking the side, but at the end of the day you’ve got to have the desire to get hurt. The desire to put your head in where it hurt.

“You’ve got to win the second ball, I didn’t see us win many free headers. I want people getting hurt, people putting their head on the line.

“We got what we deserved.”